Most people believe that the City of Buffalo regularly maintains the sidewalks, trees and plantings on Hertel Avenue, that is not the case! Instead, it is left up to all of us as individuals and businesses to do so. The Hertel Business Association spearheads efforts to make Hertel Avenue and the surrounding community a beautiful place to live, work and play by doing spring cleanups and decorating the light posts with snowflakes for the Holidays.
Together we can all make a difference!
THINGS YOU CAN DO EVERYDAY
• Put out and maintain planters.
• Add plantings around trees.
• Report suspicious activity to the police immediately.
• Shop owners post and maintain regular business hours.
• Park on side streets to free up parking spaces on Hertel.
• Remove outdated flyers and tape from poles.
• Pick up trash on sidewalks daily.
• Maintain the trees and beds in front of your business or residence.
• Shovel paths from the street to the sidewalk.
• Cover beds in bark mulch.
• Pull out weeds regularly.
• Clean up around the premises regularly.